TKFC Launches 2019 Legislative Campaign
We are excited to announce the campaign for the 2019 Legislative Session “Raise the Age KS”, which will focus on raising the minimum age of tobacco purchase for all of Kansas to 21!
Our successful passage of a Kansas T21 law depends upon local action by experts like you. Our goal is to garner support from you and your organization in a way that you feel most comfortable and will have the most impact. We do not need every supporter to act as a lobbyist at the Capitol. The many facets of policy change require a variety of skill sets that are just as vital to our efforts, including:
- Data Collection: Assist with access to and analysis of the local and state data.
- Outreach: Help grow our network of partners through recruitment and connections, identifying local influencers, disseminating information, convening coalition meetings/trainings and educating the community.
- Communications: Help develop and distribute messages to stakeholders, serve as a local spokesperson, assist with local letters to the editor submissions, and share & create social media messages.
- Advocacy: Participate in conversations with elected/appointed, submit written testimony and/or give verbal testimony before elected officials, respond to calls to action, and participate in lobby days and advocacy trainings.
- Regional Coordinator: Oversee the completion of the roles and tasks outlined above in your region of the state: NE, NC, NW, SE, SC, SW, Johnson County and report to the statewide coalition.
Email TFKC today to get involved!